Are you ready for business mentoring? You can tell if you are if you have some of the following “symptoms”:
- Your passion for your business is a huge driver in your life
- You have loads of ideas but don’t quite know how to implement them
- You have a vision of your business being larger and more profitable
- You feel as though you have run out of ideas or ways to build the business
- Your business lacks structure
- There is a lot of “firefighting” and rework happening every day
- Recruiting or retaining good staff is an issue
There is no shame in admitting you need a little support and in fact all great business men and women make a habit of getting input from consultants and staff when running their business. All top athletes have mentors/coaches that assist them to build skills in areas of weakness and maximize their strengths.
Consider your business coach or mentor as you would your accountant, solicitor, bookkeeper, web designer or any of your virtual “team”. No business is built without enlisting outside help of some sort.
A business mentor can steer you away from time sucking and costly mistakes whilst building life skills that will reward you for many years to come. View them as a guide through the exciting and sometimes perilous journey of business.
It has been shown that business utilising business mentoring are far more profitable and viable than those going it on their own. They also show growth rates far greater than the businesses left to their own devices.
If you want to accelerate your business building knowledge and short cut the learning curve we all have to go through – then consider business mentoring as a tried and tested strategy.